Guests are welcome to utilize the living room, dining room and coffee room during their stay. We have a nice garden, Bocce/ Petanque court, patio and porch area for your enjoyment. We are located five blocks from the historical district of McMinnville with plenty of shops, art galleries, restaurants, wineries, and coffee houses within a ten minute walk. Click here to view an interactive list of our favorite McMinnville businesses and attractions!
- The McMinnville Downtown Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a five minute walk from A’Tuscan Estate.
- Pick up a brochure at A’Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast and take a walk along Third Street, the center of the Historic District. Admire the architectural qualities of the fifty-two buildings that make up the heart of McMinnville.
- Stop to shop at the fine stores, antique galleries and art galleries that line Third Street or sample the culinary treats at a variety of eateries along the way.
- The City Park, with a tennis court and cool shady paths is accessible from the west end of 3rd Street and Joe Dancer Park, on the east end of Third Street offers a grassy respite of baseball and soccer fields, ideal for a morning run or an afternoon promenade.
The McMinnville Downtown Association and the McMinnville Chamber of Commerce are good sources for upcoming events.
We can highly recommend the following restaurants in downtown McMinnville:
- Bistro Maison: www.bistromaison.com 503-474-1888 (open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Sunday, no lunch on Saturday) Justifiably popular for great French food, fantastic wine pairings and a romantic atmosphere
- Nick’s Italian Café: www.nicksitaliancafe.com 503-434-4471 (open seven days for lunch and dinner) Wonderful Northern Italian dinners served in the front of the restaurant, and a hearty lounge menu in their back room; also open for lunch. They feature homemade pastas, thin crusted wood oven pizzas, and full dinners.
- La Rambla: www.nicksitaliancafe.com 503-435-2126 (open daily for lunch and dinner) Serves a wonderful variety of interesting tapas in a lively (and lovely) atmosphere
- Thistle: www.thistlerestaurant.com 503-472-9623 (open for dinner only Tuesday through Saturday) Blackboard menu that changes nightly. They provide excellent and innovative dishes with a passion for locally sourced produce, meats and wines.
In Dundee, about a fifteen minute drive;
- Tina’s: www.tinasdundee.com 503-538-8880 (open nightly for dinner, Tuesday through Friday for lunch) Wowing the valley since 1991 with wonderful Northwestern cuisine exquisitely prepared and locally sourced.
- Paulee: www.pauleerestaurant.com 503-538-5970 (open Wednesday through Sunday for lunch and dinner, brunch on Saturday and Sunday) A new restaurant that is getting lots of buzz for a gorgeous atmosphere and playful menu drawing on ingredients from the surrounding farms and a backbone of French technique.
Wine, of course! A few suggestions of wineries to visit while you are here:
- In the Ribbon Ridge area, Trisaetum is amazing as are Patrica Green, Brick House and Utopia.
- In Dundee, a bit further south, you will find the wonderful Torii Mor (Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris,) Lange and Argyle (yummy sparkling wines). Also in the Dundee Hills are two excellent wineries: Winter’s Hill and Ayoub.
- In Carlton, we recommend EIEIO and the Carlton Winemakers Studio
- In McMinnville (walking distance) some of our favorites are R. Stuart, Anthony Dell and Eyrie.
- In Newberg: Chehalem for Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Alsatian style wines.
There are many others, some open every day and others by appointment only. The following two websites are an excellent source for upcoming events in our area and for wine related information: www.yamhillvalley.org and www.willamettewine.com
- Insider’s Wine Tour: www.insiderswinetour.com An excellent venue for a truly inside and in depth visit to the Willamette Valley. This is definitely the company to use is for an emphasis on small, intimate wineries.
- Equestrian Wine Tours / Jake Price Stables: www.equestrianwinetours.com. 503-864-2336 * 866-864-5253 Tennessee walkers! Fabulous horseback or carriage rides through the vineyards. Tours are coordinated to your wishes, and can include a picnic lunch or wine tasting
- Evergreen Aviation Museum, Space Museum and Water Park: www.evergreenmuseum.org Located just a few miles from A’Tuscan Estate, the museum is home of the famous Spruce Goose, as well as an impressive historic aircraft collection, Imax, museum store and café. There is also a Space Museum and a Water Park. We have discount coupons here! Open daily 9:00 to 5:00. (Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.)
- Vista Balloons: www.vistaballoon.com Vista Balloons is the way to go for a spectacular balloon ride, floating above Yamhill County’s beautiful wine county. Flight season is April to November (daily except Tuesdays, weather permitting.) Balloons fly at dawn from Sportsman Airpark in Newberg; flight includes a delicious breakfast upon landing.
- Golf: The 9 hole public Bayou Golf Course is located just south of the city limits. The 18 hole Chehalem Glenn Golf Course in Newberg (approximately 15 miles from McMinnville) is another nice option for an afternoon of golf.