Though European vacations may be on hold for another summer for many, this summer gives us the perfect opportunity to explore places like the Willamette Valley. The Willamette Valley is home to a wide variety of incredible Oregon wineries and is an area most notable for Pinot Noir wines. In the heart of the Willamette Valley, you’ll find the charming town of McMinnville, which is full of wonderful tasting rooms, shops, restaurants, and attractions to enjoy throughout your vacation.
There are plenty of reasons to visit McMinnville, not least of which is the opportunity to stay at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast. We make it easy for you to enjoy the very best of Oregon’s wine country, too. Whether you’d like personalized recommendations for the best Oregon wineries, local restaurants, or tours, we’re happy to help you plan a vacation itinerary that makes sense. Let us help you enjoy the best of Oregon this summer. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville today!
7 of the Best Oregon Wineries for 2021
In total, there are more than 775 wineries in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. McMinnville is centrally located, too, which means there are plenty of great wine-tasting opportunities within a 10-45 minute drive in any direction. Whether you’re new to the wine scene in Oregon or you’re familiar with the world-class wines produced here, there are plenty of tasting rooms and experiences to choose from.
Though there are plenty of “big name” Oregon wineries in the area, such as Willamette Valley Vineyards, we like to share the smaller and lesser-known producers with our guests to help round out their tasting experience. Here is a list of 7 of our current favorite local Oregon wineries – though of course, we’d always be happy to recommend even more while you’re in town staying with us.
- Adelsheim Winery in Newberg, Oregon is one of the state’s founding wineries. There is a reason, after all these years, it’s still one of the top Oregon wineries on our list! The wine here is absolutely delicious. Don’t leave without trying their Elizabeth’s Reserve Pinot Noir.
- Bethel Heights Vineyard was one of the first vineyards planted in the Eola-Amity Hills area. Throughout their years in business, they have earned a special reputation for small lots of distinctive block-designated reserve Pinot Noirs.
- Beaux Freres Vineyards, located on Ribbon Ridge near Newberg, offers an uncompromised taste of the Willamette Valley. Their tastings are by appointment only, so make sure to plan ahead.
- Carlton Winemakers Studio is home to 16 individual vintners, all of whom come together under one roof to produce some of the most coveted wines in Oregon. One of our favorite Oregon wineries from this studio is Lavinea. We also offer private wine tastings of Lavinea wines at A’Tuscan Estate depending on availability and with at least 48 hours’ notice. Don’t leave without a bottle from Lavinea winemaker Isabelle Meunier. Private tastings of Lavinea wines are available at A’ Tuscan Estate, depending on availability. Tasting fees are waived for guests of A’ Tuscan Estate. Book directly on Lavinea’s website.
- Domaine Drouhin Oregon, which was established in 1987 by the Drouhin Family of Burgundy (Maison Joseph Drouhin), offers distinctive Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. These impeccable wines have been handcrafted by fourth-generation winemaker, Veronique Drouhin-Boss, and offer an unparalleled tasting experience in Oregon’s Willamette Valley.
- ROCO Winery produces the two top-rated Sparkling wines in the Valley. ROCO’s signature RMS Brut and RMS Brut Rosé are exquisite.
- Soter Vineyards in Mineral Springs is well regarded amongst Oregon Wineries as a haven for exceptional Oregon Pinot Noir and sparkling wines. Be sure to book the Provisions tasting, which is a guided culinary experience that immerses you in all the bounty from this incredible farm and winery.
The Best Lodging in Oregon’s Wine Country
After a full day of wine tasting at the best Oregon wineries, odds are you don’t want to have to hop back in a car in the evening and head out to dinner. That’s just one more perk of staying with us at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast – we’re within walking distance of the delicious restaurants of downtown McMinnville!
Housed in our 1928 historic Colonial Style bed and breakfast are 4 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, each of which come with a variety of high-end amenities. Amenities include things like luxury linens, bath bombs in the rooms with bathtubs, face wipes, makeup removers, bathrobes, and more, in addition to a special in-house welcome treat that’s waiting in the room when guests arrive.
We also offer 2 vacation cottage suites for a more private and intimate getaway. The cottage, which houses two distinct units, is located next to the main house and features all the modern conveniences you crave while on vacation. Both units come with fully stocked kitchen utensils, and they share a shared laundry room, front porch, and back patio. Our vacation cottage is the perfect place in which to enjoy an extended stay in Oregon’s wine country.
Breakfast is often a favorite time of day at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. We serve a pre-set, three-course, gourmet breakfast that changes daily and always features the sumptuous and seasonal Oregon bounty available in the local area. At the end of your day, soak up the warmth of the sun on our patios, porches, and gardens.
A chance to visit Oregon wineries might be what gets you here, but it’s our hospitality and dedication to excellence that will bring you back. Are you ready to travel this summer? Book your room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!