Summer is nearly on the horizon, bringing plenty of excitement for those visiting – or planning to visit – Oregon’s famed wine country. Though wine tasting is often at the top of every visitor’s list, there are plenty more things to do in McMinnville once you’re here. The historic downtown of McMinnville is known as the epicenter of great food and wine in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, but it’s also a warm and inviting place to spend some time.
Whether you prefer shopping, visiting art galleries, cycling, hiking, eating great food, or drinking fantastic local wine and beer, you certainly won’t run out of great things to do in McMinnville this summer! And, of course, with any great getaway, there needs to be great lodging, which you’ll find when you stay at A’ Tuscan Estate, our top-rated McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast is a quick 5-block walk from charming downtown McMinnville where Reader’s Digest states, “it’s a must-visit, quaint-but-vibrant downtown that looks straight out of a postcard.” Many top things to do in McMinnville, including restaurants, shops, and tasting rooms, are at your fingertips when you stay with us at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
Couple visits to this vibrant town with our perfect blend of old-world charm and modern hospitality, and it’s no wonder people return time and again to experience this beautiful place. We are approaching our busiest season of the year. As you plan your wine-tasting adventures in Oregon this summer, ensure it includes a room at our incredible McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
The Best Things to do in McMinnville in 2023
Whether this is your first trip to the great town of McMinnville or your tenth, we have no doubt there’s plenty new in store for you throughout Oregon’s Willamette Valley this year which was just included in Time Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places 2023. There are always new wineries, tasting rooms, restaurants, breweries, and shops opening up in town and throughout the greater valley, and we love sharing everything new (and old) with you!
With so many great things to do in McMinnville, you don’t even have to venture far from our Inn to enjoy some of the best of Oregon’s wine country. We have no doubt that whatever you choose to do, you’ll enjoy every second of your time in this wine-forward town we call home. Below, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite things to do in McMinnville this year.
- Wine tasting is always one of our favorite things to do in McMinnville, and with so many world-class wineries hosting tasting rooms in downtown McMinnville, it’s easy to spend your days doing nothing but! A few of our favorite tasting rooms in downtown McMinnville, all of which are within walking distance of our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, include R. Stuart & Co., Eyrie, Goodfellow, Pinot Vista, Terra Vina, and NW Food & Gifts.
- McMinnville isn’t only about the wine. We are, after all, in beer-crazed Oregon! Take a break from wine tasting for a day and enjoy sampling your way through McMinnville’s craft breweries. It’s another of our favorite things to do in McMinnville, and with great places like The Bitter Monk, Bierly Brewing, Golden Valley Brewery, Foreland Beer, and Grain Station Brew Works to visit, we think you’ll agree.
- Forget the craft beverage scene for a second and turn to another one of our favorite things to do in McMinnville – art! Several great art galleries call downtown McMinnville home, and we love popping into their studios to see what may be new or interesting.
- Between all this drinking, and browsing our local art galleries and shops, you’ll likely need a bite to eat. That brings us to another of our favorite things to do in McMinnville, eating! We’re lucky to have various farm-to-table establishments near our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. You can find an up-to-date list of our favorite restaurants in McMinnville for 2023.
- Do you need to work off some of the wine, beer, and/or food calories? There are some great cycling routes in and around McMinnville. Though it’s not strictly in McMinnville, another great place to get some exercise is Silver Falls State Park, arguably one of the most scenic Oregon State Parks around!
- Though it’s less likely to rain in McMinnville during the summer than at any other point in the year, it does sometimes happen – and that’s when we turn to our favorite local museum, the popular Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. The Spruce Goose is one of the top attractions, and seeing it in person is one of our favorite things to do in McMinnville.
The Best McMinnville Bed and Breakfast
With so many wonderful things to do in McMinnville, not to mention the rest of the gorgeous Willamette Valley, it’s easy to see how most people can spend several days here and still want to come back. Make the most of your vacation to Oregon wine country and stay at our top-rated McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
We are one of the leading Bed and Breakfasts in the area, thanks, at least partly, to our exquisite hospitality and outstanding location near downtown McMinnville. Our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast offers just four well-appointed guest rooms and two units in our vacation cottage next door to the main property.
Each morning of your stay, you will be treated to a delicious breakfast made from scratch right here in our kitchen. Our three-course breakfasts are one of the most well-regarded meals in the Willamette Valley, but are limited to guests at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. Our breakfast menu changes daily and includes as much locally grown and seasonal produce as possible.
From wine tasting to enjoying the top things to do in McMinnville this summer, you’ll love every second of your time in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley. Book your room at A’ Tuscan Estate, our #1-rated McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!