The biggest reason to come to Oregon’s Willamette Valley is, of course, to sample the sensational wines from the 775+ wineries that now call the valley home. That’s not the only reason, though! McMinnville itself is a wonderful town to visit, and did you know it’s also home to some really great Oregon breweries? That’s right – wine isn’t the only delicious craft beverage being made here in the Willamette Valley!
There are 6 Oregon breweries right here in downtown McMinnville, which is just a short walk away from our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Easy access to these Oregon breweries, tasting rooms, and restaurants in downtown McMinnville is perhaps one of the best reasons to stay with us, but certainly not the only one.
We also offer sumptuous accommodations in our historic Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, a delicious breakfast to start your day, and unbeatable hospitality. This fall is an extraordinary time to escape to Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley. Book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!
6 Incredible Oregon Breweries Near McMinnville
With more than 775 wineries in the Willamette Valley, which are known to produce some of the finest Pinot Noirs in the world, it’s no wonder that the area is primarily geared towards wine lovers. However, if you’re in the mood for a break from all the wine you’ll be imbibing while here – or perhaps if you have a companion who prefers hops to grapes – we’d love to send you to one (or more) of the incredible Oregon breweries that call downtown McMinnville home.
Oregon – especially Portland – has long been considered a pioneer in America’s craft brewing scene. Accordingly, there are plenty of worthwhile beer experiences to be had around the state. It’s no different here in McMinnville, where there are truly amazing Oregon Breweries worth visiting. Here are 6 of our favorites, though there are more in the Willamette Valley worth visiting!
- Though Bierly Brewing is a relative newcomer on the Oregon breweries scene, it’s a welcome addition for anyone looking for solidly good gluten-free beer. They were actually the second entirely gluten-free brewery in Oregon.
- Heater Allen Brewing, located in McMinnville’s Granary District, serves up some pretty delicious German-style beers. Their taproom is scheduled to remain closed for the rest of the year, but you can still pick up their seasonal and regular brews for enjoyment back at our Inn.
- Golden Valley Brewing, located on Third Street in downtown McMinnville, is a staple amongst Oregon breweries. It’s been around since the 1990s and serves up a delightful range of beers with exceptional balance and complexity.
- Another Granary-District mainstay is Grain Station Brew Works. They have a great selection of house-made beers, as well as local wines, and a great restaurant to round out your experience.
- McMenamins Hotel Oregon is another great place to sample some Oregon-made brews. McMenamins currently operates 24 breweries in the Pacific Northwest, and they have been doing so since 1985. They offer a great main-floor pub in which to enjoy their beers, in addition to a beautiful rooftop deck with a 360-degree view of the area.
- Evasion Brewing is one of the best Oregon breweries around when it comes to producing a delicious gluten-free beer. They’re located a bit farther out of town but certainly worth the stop.
If you’re short on time and want to sample some of the best Oregon breweries while here, considering taking a McMinnville Brewery Tour. Though not located in downtown McMinnville, there are a few other Oregon breweries nearby that we love to recommend to guests. They include Crowing Hen, Chehalem Valley Brewing Co., and Wolves & People Farmhouse Brewery.
The Best Lodging in Downtown McMinnville
With so many great Oregon breweries, wineries, and restaurants to enjoy while you’re in McMinnville, you’ll need a place to relax at the end of the day. You’ll find the perfect escape right here at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, located within walking distance to the excitement of downtown McMinnville. Old-world charm, modern amenities, and beautiful surroundings are just a few of the things that await you here at A’Tuscan Estate.
Choose from one of our four sumptuously appointed guest rooms, or stay instead in one of our two vacation cottage suites. Throughout your stay, we’ll be happy to help you arrange tours, tastings, and more, so you leave feeling as though you’ve experienced the Willamette Valley to its fullest. From these 6 delicious Oregon breweries to the finest Willamette Valley wineries around, we’d love to share a bit of McMinnville with you this fall. Book your room today!