When it comes to romantic weekend getaways in Oregon, it’s hard to beat the cozy, wine and food-forward Willamette Valley. This is especially true as we enter Cellar Season this winter, a time to unplug, relax and enjoy the comfort of seasonal food and wine pairings along with a stunning backdrop of fir trees and rising fog. While the vines are sleeping peacefully, Cellar Season is the time when young wines are beginning their transformation in barrel. Embrace a moment of calm.
There are fewer people in the Willamette Valley at this time of year, leaving you so more time to enjoy the best parts of a romantic getaway in Oregon. From visiting the top wineries and wine-tasting rooms with less bustle to wining and dining with your sweetheart at the leading Willamette Valley restaurants, there is so much to love about romantic getaways in Oregon this winter.
While planning your romantic getaways in Oregon, choose lodging that will set the perfect stage for your romantic escape. No one does romance better than our gorgeous Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, a short walk from downtown McMinnville.
McMinnville is the perfect home base for your getaways in Oregon, as it offers many shopping opportunities, dining, wine tasting, hiking and more. If you’re ready for unforgettable romantic getaways in Oregon, it’s time to book your room at A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast!
The Best Place for Romantic Getaways in Oregon
Lodging is an essential part of planning the best romantic getaways in Oregon – and there is truly no better place to center your getaway than our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Our architecturally stunning Inn is housed in an historic home dating back to 1928 and is just a short walk from downtown McMinnville’s historic Third Street where you may just find a horse-drawn carriage to create weekend memories.
Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is an intimate space to enjoy romance in Oregon. We offer just four guest rooms in the main house and two charming suites in our remodeled 1913 Craftsman-style cottage. Each guest room is tastefully decorated and features many luxurious amenities, including luxury linens, bathrobes, gas fireplaces, and more.
One of life’s simplest and most enjoyable pleasures is breakfast in the morning without having to do any prep, cooking, or cleanup. We start each day off with a gourmet, multi-course breakfast that is the highlight of the stay for many. This leaves you more time to relax and enjoy the time with your loved one – which is the entire focus of your romantic getaway in Oregon in the first place.
Whether you are here for wine tasting or to escape your every day, we are well-located to enjoy the best of the Willamette Valley, including shopping, wine and beer tasting, dining in downtown McMinnville, and visiting the many wineries and charming towns of the surrounding Willamette Valley. Our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast really does offer it all, which is why we are consistently rated as one of the best places to stay in the Willamette Valley.
Romantic Wine Tasting in the Willamette Valley
Given that wine tasting in the Willamette Valley is one of the top things for couples to do here, no matter the season, we thought we would take the time to highlight some of the coziest and most romantic wine-tasting rooms and experiences in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Cellar Season in the Willamette Valley is all about finding joy in the simplest pleasures in life; getting cozy with your sweetheart, out of the drizzly winter weather in Oregon, and with the person you love most.
Wine tasting is one of the best things about romantic getaways in Oregon. Below, we’ve listed six of the most romantic wine-tasting experiences to enjoy this winter, followed by a cozy, intimate evening at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast.
- The wine-tasting room at Ponzi Vineyards is beautiful, with seating surrounding a central fireplace and gorgeous views of the Avellana vineyard and the Chehalem Mountains. It’s the perfect place to get cozy, sip wine, and enjoy romantic getaways in Oregon.
- Surround yourself with the beauty of the French Countryside and enjoy a private room for wine tasting with your sweetheart at Domaine Serene. Their private tasting rooms are found down a set of gorgeous limestone stairs and in a cave inspired by traditional caves in Burgundy – it’s the perfect place to get cozy and relax while sipping some excellent wine.
- Pair a flight of wines with delicious cheese and charcuterie Board, and enjoy a romantic afternoon of conversation at the beautiful Alloro Vineyard. Their tastings are by reservation only, so you’ll never find big crowds here, adding to the intimate tasting experience.
- For another unique cave-based wine-tasting experience during your romantic getaways in Oregon, head to the gorgeous Archery Summit winery. Their caves’ low arched ceilings and dim lighting offer the perfect place to steal a kiss or two.
- Get cozy in front of the crackling flames of a fireplace while sipping the handcrafted wines at the gorgeous Soléna Estate – a great place to celebrate the quiet moments of the season and celebrate being together during these romantic getaways in Oregon.
- If elegant spaces speak to you, don’t miss the tasting room at Willamette Valley Vineyards. Piano music drifts through the air while you get cozy by the fire, soaking up the fantastic views and sampling their award-winning wines. For unforgettable views (and maybe a stolen kiss or two), head to their iconic tower, which offers a 360-degree view of the Willamette Valley.
However you decide to spend your winter retreat in wine country is up to you. Whether it is spending the day shopping at the unique local stores, eating fine cuisine at a local restaurant, or sharing that special bottle of wine. There is no better time to book an unforgettable experience at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast.