There are so many great things to do in McMinnville, no matter the season in which you visit. The warmer it gets outside, though, the more opportunities present themselves. The town is known for its warm and inviting atmosphere, and, of course, is at the heart of one of the top food and wine destinations in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you prefer shopping, visiting art galleries, cycling, hiking, as well as wine or beer tasting, there really are plenty of fun things to do in McMinnville.
At the heart of any great visit to the McMinnville area is great lodging, which is exactly what you’ll find at A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast. We are located just 5 blocks away from downtown McMinnville, which puts you within walking distance to the town’s top restaurants, shops, and attractions. Our Inn offers the perfect blend of old-world charm with modern amenities and warm, welcoming hospitality.
Apart from providing you comfortable accommodations, we are happy to recommend things for you to do in McMinnville and the broader Willamette Valley. In short, you will want for nothing for the duration of your stay with us at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. We are approaching our busiest season of the year, too, so as you start planning your wine tasting adventures in Oregon this summer, make sure it includes a room at our incredible Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville. Book your room today!
7 of the Best Things to do in McMinnville
Whether you have been to the Willamette Valley before or this is your first trip to this incredible part of Oregon’s wine country, McMinnville is a great place to stay and explore. There are numerous things to do in McMinnville, Oregon. Whether it is admiring the historic buildings and gorgeous tree-lined streets, browsing art galleries, sampling the regions best Pinot noirs, or enjoying a farm-fresh meal, we are positive you will enjoy every second of your getaway. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in McMinnville this spring and summer:
- Wine Tasting: This one speaks for itself, but wine tasting is always at the top of our list of things to do in McMinnville. There are plenty of great tasting rooms in downtown McMinnville, or you can head out further abroad and visit the wineries and vineyards themselves. We are always happy to share our recommendations to enjoy the best wine tasting in the area. A few places within walking distance to us include R. Stuart & Co., Eyrie, Goodfellow, Pinot Vista, Terra Vina, NW Food & Gifts, and Elizabeth Chambers.
- Craft Beer: Wine is not the only great thing worth tasting while you are in McMinnville! True to Oregon, McMinnville is also home to some excellent craft breweries, like The Bitter Monk, Bierly Brewing, Golden Valley Brewery, and more.
- Cycling: McMinnville, and the greater Willamette Valley, is a popular place for cyclists to explore. You can even cycle your way from one winery to the next. Here are a few of the most popular cycling routes in the McMinnville area.
- Art galleries: McMinnville has several art galleries and studios downtown, featuring a broad array of art.
- Eat Local: Foodies absolutely love McMinnville, where you can find a wonderful variety of exquisite restaurants. Locally grown ingredients are the start of many dishes, which is why McMinnville is considered one of the best small towns in the Pacific Northwest for food lovers.
- Visit a Museum: The Spruce Goose is the main attraction at the popular Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, but it is not the only reason to visit. There are also many beautiful vintage fighter planes and helicopters, along with a space museum and even a Water Park.
- Enjoy Nature. If you would rather take a break from the city for a while, head to Silver Falls State Park, one of the most popular parks in the entire state of Oregon. This park definitely should be on your list of things to do when visiting McMinnville, and it won’t take you long to see why, either. With beautiful waterfalls and great hiking trails to enjoy, it is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon–or even morning before wine tasting!
The Best Lodging in McMinnville
Though there are so many wonderful things to do in McMinnville, there is only one bed and breakfast worth staying at, and that is A’ Tuscan Estate. Besides offering outstanding service, this B&B has everything you need to have a restful night after a day of fun and activities. We offer guests their choice of four incredible guest rooms, each of which are uniquely decorated and outfitted with an array of modern amenities. We also offer two units in our vacation cottage next door to the main property, which are perfect for your longer stays or a more private experience.
Each morning of your stay, you will be treated to a delicious breakfast, made from scratch right here in our kitchen. Our breakfasts have become well known over our years in business. We offer a 3-course gourmet meal that changes daily and includes as much locally grown and seasonal produce as possible.
From wine tasting to enjoying the scenic beauty of Willamette Valley, you will never run out of things to do in McMinnville. It all starts with a stay at our stunning Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!