There’s plenty to love about Oregon Wine Country – it’s a sensory delight for casual wine drinkers and oenophiles alike. But with nearly 1,000 wineries in Oregon – many of which are concentrated in the Willamette Valley near our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville – wine tasting here can be overwhelming. The chance to feel the silky mouth feel and the complex earthiness of Oregon’s famed Pinot Noir wines, though, is more than worth the time it will take to plan your adventure.
Oregon’s Willamette Valley is known for its cool climate and diverse terroir, both of which lend themselves perfectly to the production of exquisite Pinot Noir. The AVA’s surrounding us have solidified their reputation as a premier destination for wine enthusiasts. Whether you want to taste some of the valley’s best Pinot Noirs or prefer a little bubbly in your class from the top Oregon sparkling wine producers, you’ll find something for everyone here.
A visit to the Willamette Valley in 2024 isn’t just about visiting the top wineries in Oregon, though. A visit here is an opportunity to immerse yourself in wine country, where you’ll find a casual lifestyle deeply rooted in the appreciation of nature, community, and craftsmanship. In addition to visiting some of the top wineries in Oregon, you can expect your time here to include farm-to-table dining, outdoor activities like hiking and biking, breathtaking natural beauty everywhere you turn, and, above all else, plenty of rejuvenation. Whether you’re a seasoned wine enthusiast or a casual appreciator, Oregon Wine Country beckons with its rich tapestry of flavors, landscapes, and hospitality, promising an unforgettable escape into the world of viticulture.
To enhance the Oregon Wine Country experience, consider a stay at our charming bed and breakfast in McMinnville. This quaint town is an ideal base for exploring the surrounding vineyards while offering a dose of small-town charm. Imagine waking up to a gourmet breakfast and then exploring the nearby wineries in Oregon. We offer a personalized touch to your getaway that’s hard to find with traditional lodging, including offering you suggestions for enjoying a well-rounded and memorable escape. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville today!
Plan Your Trip to the Top Wineries in Oregon
With so many wineries and appellations to choose from – each with its distinct flavor profile and personality – you won’t be able to do it all in a single trip to the Willamette Valley. With careful planning, though, and some thoughtful visits to the top wineries in Oregon, you can certainly leave with a heartfelt appreciation for the wines grown and produced in Oregon. Within our guide to the top wineries in Oregon, you’ll find some newcomers to the wine scene alongside some staple wineries that have long-standing reputations to rely on.
Though there are some big-name wineries here that you can find at local supermarkets near you, we love to focus our time on smaller producers and lesser-known wineries in Oregon in hopes of helping you discover those hidden gems you may otherwise miss. If this is your first trip to the Willamette Valley, you can’t go wrong with visiting places like Willamette Valley Vineyards, Argyle Winery, Domaine Drouhin, and Adelsheim Vineyard. For a more experienced connoisseur of the best wineries in Oregon, we have even more great choices for you to consider below.
- Ask around for recommendations of top wineries in Oregon to visit while you’re in the Willamette Valley, and odds are everyone will tell you to visit Stoller Estate. It’s in Oregon’s Dundee Hills Region, and not only are the wines delicious, but they are a leader in sustainably produced wine.
- You’ll find another top-rated winery, Elk Cove Vineyards, not too far from our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville. It was the first winery in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and thus is an excellent representation of this region’s terroir.
- One of our personal favorite wineries in Oregon is Fairsing Vineyard. The wine at this establishment is exquisite, as are the views, and the elevated food and wine pairings are exceptional.
- Another of our favorite wineries in Oregon, headed by winemaker Isabelle Meunier, is Lavinea Winery. This winery is well-known for its single-vineyard wines.
- For a fantastic tasting of biodynamically-produced wines, head to Soter Vineyards. They have a great range of wines, including Oregon sparkling wines – and don’t miss their Provisions Tasting Experience.
- Perhaps one of the most popular wineries in Oregon when it comes to sparkling wine is ROCO winery. This fantastic, not-to-be-missed tasting experience highlights the depth of Oregon wines.
- For a fantastic wine-tasting experience in McMinnville, head to the family-owned Maysara. The wines are delightful and the cave-tasting experience exceptional.
- For a fantastic taste of Oregon Chardonnay, we recommend heading to the beautiful Domaine Serene, another of our featured wineries in Oregon in the Dundee Hills region. You should compare notes with your visit to another Dundee Hills Chardonnay producer, Domaine Drouhin.
- For a fantastic and broad tasting experience, don’t miss the Carlton Winemakers Studio cooperative featuring sixteen different Vintners.
- Finally, don’t miss a fantastic tasting experience right in the heart of downtown McMinnville at R Stuart & Co. Winery.
Welcome to the Best Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville!
After a day of exploring some of the best wineries in Oregon, we look forward to welcoming you to our charming Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville. Our peaceful gardens and grounds provide the ideal setting to unwind and enjoy a delicious glass of wine and a snack before venturing out to one of the top-rated restaurants in McMinnville – just a short few blocks away!
We offer so much more than a convenient location near downtown McMinnville. Our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville is also the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Our elegant accommodations feature four well-appointed guest rooms and two adjacent vacation cottages, ideal for more extended stays or more intimate getaways. Expert hospitality awaits you from the moment you arrive – our top goal is to ensure you have a comfortable and memorable stay with plenty of fantastic wine, of course.
Each morning, start your day with a delicious breakfast made from scratch in our kitchen using locally sourced and seasonal produce. We offer a convenient location to launch your adventures and explore the best things to do in McMinnville and beyond. Don’t wait; reserve your room today at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville.