If you’ve never heard of Carlton, Oregon, fall presents an excellent opportunity to experience the charms of this small wine country town. Though we love everything about downtown McMinnville – from the thriving restaurants and fabulous wine tasting rooms to the charming, historic streets and charming boutiques – some other significant towns in Oregon wine country are worth exploring, too. Carlton, Oregon, is one of our favorites, and it just so happens to be only a 15-minute drive away from our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast.
Among other things, Carlton, Oregon, is a fantastic place to sip and swirl your way through wine country, as it has the most wine tasting rooms per capita. This former logging town also packs in plenty of charm to its three city blocks. The historic downtown is quaint; filled with more than a dozen tasting rooms, great restaurants, and interesting boutiques.
It’s a fun place to spend an afternoon – whether you stick strictly to the downtown tasting rooms or venture out into the picturesque vineyard-covered hillsides surrounding town. When you’re done, it’s just a short drive back to paradise at our charming and welcoming Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Are you ready to experience the best of wine country this fall? Book your room today!
Get to Know Charming Carlton, Oregon!
Given the large number of wine tasting rooms (more than 20!) in this small town, it’s easy to see why it makes an excellent stop for people looking to experience a few delicious sips of Oregon’s famous wine without the stress of having to drive from one location to the next. It’s perfect for those desirable walkable wine-tasting adventures!
The tasting rooms in downtown Carlton, Oregon also do a great job representing all the regions of Oregon’s wine country – which genuinely allows you to experience the breadth and depth of this fantastic wine-growing area from one spot. Downtown tasting rooms aren’t the only places to visit, though – as there are also plenty of wineries in the verdant hillsides surrounding Carlton, Oregon.
Here are a few “musts” to add to your list when it comes to wine tasting in Carlton, Oregon:
- Don’t miss the Carlton Winemakers Studio, a cooperative winery where numerous small producing winemakers craft premium Oregon wines in one shared space.
- A stop-in to Ken Wright Cellars in Carlton, Oregon, is a must for any Pinot Noir lover. Ken Wright Cellars is devoted to producing vineyard-designate Oregon Pinot noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Blanc. And the renovated train station housing the tasting room is fun for history buffs.
- Lavinea, which happens to be one of our favorite Willamette Valley Wineries, is found right here in Carlton, Oregon. Winemaker Isabelle Munier, along with her business partner, Greg Ralston, produce some elegant single vineyard wines.
- Sample the award-winning lineup of wines at Flâneur Winery & Vineyards located in the renovated grain elevator.
- For some fun, head into the famed Portland Distillery, Bull Run Distillery’s Carlton, Oregon, location.
In between wine tasting stops, enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the top restaurants in Carlton, Oregon – where you will find something for just about every tastebud. There are also plenty of great shops to browse and keep yourself occupied while you take a break from all the sipping and swirling you’ve been indulging in.
The Best Place to Stay in Oregon Wine Country
We’re lucky to be centrally located in the charming, historic town of McMinnville. There is so much here to enjoy, and great towns like Carlton, Oregon, not to mention top-rated dining destinations like Newberg and others that aren’t too far away, either! Wherever you’ve spent your time during the day, there’s only one place worth retiring to when you’re done: A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast.
Not only is our elegant Inn situated in the heart of Oregon’s stunning Willamette Valley, but we offer exceptional hospitality and luxe accommodations that you just won’t find anywhere else. We also provide a range of high-end amenities, including our daily multi-course gourmet breakfast made with fresh, local ingredients.
With only four guest rooms in the Main House and two Vacation Cottage Suites next door, our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast offers upscale, intimate accommodations for a comfortable stay and the convenient location you crave. Book a room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!