With the most popular time to visit Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon in our rearview mirror, we’re entering what many locals (and winemakers!) would consider their favorite season! Winter is commonly referred to as “cellar season” across the Willamette Valley. It’s a season cherished by those who call this part of the country home, as it’s the perfect season to relax, sink into a cozy tasting room, and enjoy the flavorful fruits of winemaking labor!
With fewer people visiting various Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon, you can expect more time dedicated to talking with winemakers, learning more about various wineries and their grapes, and getting to know the unique flavors that make up each glass of Oregon Pinot Noir (or sparkling, or chardonnay, or whatever wine strikes your fancy!). Wine tasting isn’t the only thing to enjoy while you’re here. In fact, there are plenty of things to do in McMinnville in the winter, and we’d love to host you for a relaxing getaway!
Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is the perfect home base for your getaway. We offer just a few tasteful guestrooms and an exquisite guest experience, including daily breakfast. We’re a short walk from the many great McMinnville restaurants and tasting rooms in downtown McMinnville, and we’re more than happy to help you plan the perfect tasting itinerary to the top Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon – including those that we consider hidden gems! We offer incomparable hospitality in the heart of this charming wine-focused town. Book your room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!
Winter at the 8 Willamette Valley Wineries in Oregon
Despite some of our favorite things to do in McMinnville being just as enjoyable in the winter as they are in the warm days of summer, we can’t deny that winter in Oregon is special. Ignore all the talk of rainy, dreary weather, too. Yes, it rains in the Pacific Northwest – but despite that – or maybe even because of that – winter is a wonderful time to visit the top Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon.
Winter i the quietest season of the year, which makes it the perfect time to sip and swirl your way through the top Willamette Valley Wineries in Oregon. It’s intimate, it’s delicious, it’s cozy, and it’s simply perfect. It’s also a great time to enjoy a romantic getaway in Oregon. There are now more than 700 wineries and tasting rooms across the Valley, so choosing where to go can be an overwhelming experience. Luckily, when you stay with us at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, you have our expertise to rely on!
We’ve curated relationships with many local wineries and tasting rooms and will be more than happy to share with you a few of our favorites – that includes going behind those big names you’ve likely heard of before and sending you to places you may not have discovered (yet!). Below, you’ll find a list of some of our favorite Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon – including those in McMinnville and beyond.
- For a wine-tasting experience truly reflective of terroir, head to Soter Vineyards. They pay special attention to the final product that goes into your glass, and they are one of the leading Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon when it comes to biodynamic farming practices. They also produce an exceptional glass of Oregon Sparkling wine. For an elevated experience, we recommend their Provisions Tasting Experience.
- Oregon is well-known for Pinot Noir wines, much like Napa Valley is famous for its Cabernet Sauvignons. However, there’s a relative newcomer to the Oregon wine scene: Oregon Sparkling wine. There are several sparkling wine labels around, but one of the best Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon for a glass of bubbly is ROCO Winery. Other big names in this space include Argyle Winery.
- For another take on something white, though without the bubbles, head to another favorite among Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon: Shea Wine Cellars. They are well-known for their oaky chardonnay.
- If you don’t want to stray too far from our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, a downtown McMinnville winery we recommend is R Stuart & Co. Winery.
- In the cold depths of winter, there’s sometimes nothing more satisfying in your class than a rich, moody glass of pinot noir. You’ll find a great one at Duke Family Vineyards, one of the many Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon focusing on sustainability.
- Another great stop to make for a delicious representation of Oregon wine is Ayoub Wines in the Dundee Hills Region. This is one of our favorite Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon for small-batch, distinctive wines.
- It’s hard to beat a winter wine tasting at Fairsing Vineyards. The views here are just as exceptional as the wine, and they have some fantastic elevated food and wine pairings to enjoy. We recommend making a reservation for this experience in advance.
- Finally, you can’t leave Oregon’s Willamette Valley without tasting the distinctive flavors of the Eola-Amity Hills Region. A favorite there is Bethel Heights Vineyard, home to some truly bold and distinctive wines.
Unwind at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast This Winter
Embrace the slower way of life in Oregon’s Willamette Valley this winter, and enjoy a truly unplugged getaway. There’s nothing that beats a winter tasting at these Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon – except maybe a stay at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Tastings, elevated food pairings, quiet afternoons by the fire, intimate conversations with friends, family, and loved ones, and an unforgettable adventure filled with life’s finest moments – that is what awaits in Oregon this winter!
Though we invite you to explore everything this area has to offer, one of the highlights of a winter getaway is taking the downtime you need to rest and come away refreshed. There are plenty of lodging options near Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon, but few places offer the same level of convenience and comfort as our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. We’re located near the heart of historic downtown McMinnville, which offers an excellent range of tasting rooms, some of the best restaurants in the state, and a healthy mix of shopping and entertainment for a well-rounded getaway.
Downtown McMinnville is just a 5-block walk away from our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is more than just a convenient spot to rest your head, though. Our intimate accommodations will leave you wanting for nothing, as a stay here comes complete with all the luxury amenities you expect from a luxury hotel without any of the crowds or hassle. We offer just four guest rooms at the Inn and two additional suites in our charming 1913 craftsman-style cottage.
In the morning, guests at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast will enjoy a hearty and delicious multi-course breakfast. It’s one of the most popular amenities at our Inn and for good reason! Breakfast is served in our elegant dining room and comes with an assortment of house-baked bread, muffins or pastries, house granola parfaits or seasonal fruits and cheeses, and a hot entrée that changes daily.
If you’re ready to sip and swirl your way through a cozy winter getaway at the top Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon, we’re ready to treat you to an elevated getaway. Book your room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!