June weather can sometimes be questionable in the Pacific Northwest, but that just means we’re that much closer to enjoying the spectacular sunny days of summer! When the skies clear up, and summer is in full swing, it’s a great time to enjoy an outdoor tasting or two at the best wineries in Oregon. Whether you stick close by our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast for your tastings or you spread out over the entirety of the gorgeous Willamette Valley, you’re in for a real treat this summer at the best wineries in Oregon.
Summer is a busy time to sip and swirl your way around the Willamette Valley. Planning your tasting itinerary in advance and making reservations where possible will ensure a seamless wine-tasting adventure in this beautiful part of Oregon wine country. Of course, while exploring the valley, you’ll need a relaxing place to call your home away from home. There’s simply no finer lodging in the Willamette Valley than A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville.
With over 700 vineyards, wineries, and tasting rooms worth experiencing this summer, choosing which wineries to visit can be overwhelming, however; delicious Pinot Noirs and other fun varietals, including some delightful sparkling and white wines, will be waiting for you wherever you go. We’ve also cultivated several great relationships with local winemakers and are more than happy to point you toward some of our favorite wineries in Oregon. This personalized attention and feedback is just one of the many reasons staying with a small boutique property like ours is a better alternative to big hotel chains.
Moreover, our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville is located a few blocks from downtown McMinnville, affording you easy access to many local tasting rooms, restaurants, shops, and more. Couple this convenience with the best hospitality in the Willamette Valley, and it’s easy to see why staying at A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville is a top-rated choice. Book your room today!
Best Wineries in Oregon With Outdoor Tasting Rooms!
Wine tasting is always a great way to spend time in Oregon’s Willamette Valley – but in the summer, this time-honored tradition gets even better with the ability to spread out and enjoy the warming rays of the summer sun on your face. Though there is an abundance of wineries in Oregon that offer indoor tastings, you can also find some truly delightful outdoor tasting opportunities around the valley, too!
Below, we’ve listed some of the best wineries in Oregon offering outdoor tastings. These destinations provide exceptional views, unique tasting and pairing experiences, or just great wine – and often a delicious combination of all!
- Head just a short drive northwest from our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville to Resonance Winery outside of Carlton. The Grand Tasting Room is located on a dramatic hilltop expressing harmony between vineyards, wines, and people. Walk among moss-covered, old-growth Oregon oak trees, and witness the breathtaking beauty of the sun-dappled Oregon Coast Range, as it rips apart cloud fronts coming in off the Pacific Ocean.
- Another excellent place for outdoor tastings is Utopia Vineyard and Winery, which offers a selection of lawn games and gorgeous Willamette Valley vistas to pair with your wines. You can also picnic among the vines at this special spot!
- If gorgeous views are what you’re after, you won’t be disappointed with a visit this summer to Fairsing Vineyard. The tasting room boasts 360-degree views from its hilltop location – and we also recommend a calming walk through its lovely labyrinth.
- Stoller Family Estate often makes our list of the best wineries in Oregon, and they just so happen to have a great outdoor option for wine tasting, too.
- Alloro Vineyard is where you can find it all – from exquisite vineyard views and delicious wines to elevated food and wine experiences that are second to none. It’s easy to see why this makes our list of the best wineries in Oregon for outdoor (or any!) tastings!
- If you want an elevated and private wine-tasting experience for your group that is also outside in the summer sun, head to another of our favorite wineries in Oregon, Adelsheim Vineyard. They have several fantastic tastings, including a private group tasting outside for groups of 12 or more.
- Another of the top-rated wineries in Oregon for private, outdoor tasting experiences is Durant Vineyard at Red Ridge Farms. In addition to the elevated experience, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson. Make the time to wander their trails and through their lavender fields, too!
- Enjoy the beautiful garden surroundings of the patio at the Carlton Winemakers Studio, a great place to sample wines from sixteen of the best wineries in Oregon!
- Enjoy the views and savor the delicious wines at another top-rated Oregon winery, Lemelson Vineyards. Their outdoor patio is beautiful, and their wines are sensational.
- Finally, head to a beautiful indoor or outdoor tasting at Trisaetum Winery – one of the leading wineries in Oregon. As an added bonus, there’s a stunning art gallery to peruse here.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville
When you’ve exhausted your day at these remarkable outdoor tasting rooms at some of the best wineries in Oregon, the gorgeous gardens and grounds of our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville will be waiting. It’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy a delicious glass of wine and a small snack before heading out for an evening at one of the best restaurants in McMinnville.
A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville is also the perfect place to relax, unwind, and let yourself enjoy the stunning ambiance of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. In addition to offering expert hospitality, we also provide elegant accommodations that perfectly reflect the broader Willamette Valley. You’ll find four well-appointed guest rooms and two units in our vacation cottage next to the main property.
Each morning of your stay, you will be treated to a delicious breakfast made from scratch right here in our kitchen – sure to be one of the finest meals in McMinnville. Our breakfast menu changes daily and includes as much locally grown and seasonal produce as possible. Once you’re fueled up for the day, we offer a convenient location to launch your adventures.
From wine tasting at the best wineries in Oregon to enjoying the top things to do in McMinnville this summer, you’ll love every second of your time in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley. Book your room at our #1-rated McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!