Fall is an unbeatable time to visit the Willamette Valley, Oregon’s prized wine-growing region. It’s the season when, after a long and busy growing season, the annual harvest is pulled in and winemakers around the valley get started on another delicious vintage. Fall is also a great time to visit local wineries, including nearby McMinnville wineries. Great wine will be flowing, of course, but fall is also a time of celebrations, festivals, and merriment across the valley.
While you’re in town enjoying the best of fall at McMinnville wineries, leave plenty of time for a rejuvenating getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville. We’re located just a few blocks away from downtown McMinnville, within easy walking distance of most McMinnville wineries, restaurants, shops, and more. When you want to head out to explore more of the top wineries in Willamette Valley, we’re happy to offer personalized recommendations and an itinerary of what to see and do.
There are plenty of great things to do in McMinnville this fall – wine tasting is just the beginning of your adventure! It’s a busy season in the valley, though, so book your room and make your winery and restaurant reservations soon after.
The Best McMinnville Wineries to Enjoy This Fall
McMinnville is a charming and historic town in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. It’s only an hour outside of the bustling world of Portland, but you’ll feel as though you’re in a completely different world. Whether you’re visiting local McMinnville wineries and tasting rooms or shopping and visiting local art galleries, you’ll enjoy a relaxed, quieter pace to everyday life in downtown McMinnville. It’s one of the town’s many charms!
Most shopping, restaurants, and McMinnville wineries are found on 3rd Street, often hailed as “Oregon’s favorite Main Street.” The tree-lined streets and beautiful, historic architecture paint a charming picture and set the perfect stage for a delightful afternoon sipping wine at local tasting rooms. Though wine-tasting options across the Willamette Valley are varied and diverse, some of our favorites are found right here in town. Below is a list of some of our favorite McMinnville wineries and tasting rooms.
- The Pinot Vista Tasting Lounge is a great place to start your wine-tasting adventure in downtown McMinnville. They have a broad range of wines to choose from!
- You can find one of the biggest names in Oregon Wine right here among McMinnville wineries. Willamette Valley Vineyards has a tasting room in downtown McMinnville and offers an excellent tasting comparison as you begin your tasting journey in the Valley.
- One of our favorite McMinnville wineries is R. Stuart & Co. Tasting Room and Wine Bar. It’s located just a short walk away from our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville, but they also offer a tasting room on 3rd Street for added convenience.
- Another of our favorite nearby McMinnville wineries is Brittan Vineyards, just around the corner from R. Stuart & Co. in the historic Granary District. This is the perfect place to enjoy an in-depth tasting of their estate Chardonnay and their single-block Pinot Noirs.
- Certified biodynamic wines and grapes grown under sustainable conditions are becoming increasingly popular in the Willamette VAlley. One of the best McMinnville wineries to sample these types of wine is Maysara Winery, location just 15 minutes West of downtown McMinnville.
- For a more intimate tasting experience in downtown McMinnville, head to Terra Vina Wines. A tasting here is a great opportunity to taste the difference between Willamette Valley wines and their southern and eastern Oregon varietals.
- One of the newer McMinnville wineries and tasting rooms to come to town, which opened in 2021, is the Jacob Williams Winery. The outdoor patio is divine in the summer and early fall, and their wines, which come from the Columbia River Gorge area, offer a unique and delicious contrast to Willamette Valley wineries.
- Another local spot with a delightful outdoor patio is the Chris James Cellars McMinnville Tasting Room. The variety in wine tasting here is simply divine.
Of course, these McMinnville wineries are just the beginning of a great wine-forward getaway at our Inn. There are more than 250 Willamette Valley wineries within 20 miles of our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville, not to mention many more fantastic wine-tasting experiences in the area. We’d love to be your home base for all of it!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville
Whether your days are spent tasting your way through the top McMinnville wineries, dining out at the best restaurants in McMinnville, browsing for treasures at shops and galleries, or biking around the Willamette Valley, you’ll love the convenience and elevated atmosphere at our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville. Our luxury Bed and Breakfast is in a great location, just steps from all the action in downtown McMinnville.
Our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville also offers an unbeatable and intimate guest experience. With four guest rooms in the Main House and two Vacation Cottage Suites next door, you’ll find we offer a cozy respite away from the busy crowds of traditional hotels and other properties downtown. We offer a range of high-end amenities, too, including our daily multi-course gourmet breakfast, made fresh daily with fresh, local ingredients.
Get to know the best McMinnville wineries this fall, and book a room today at our Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville!