If you’ve never been wine tasting in Willamette Valley, this fall affords you the perfect opportunity. Fall is the busiest time of year in Oregon Wine Country, as vineyard workers and winemakers around the state gear up to reap the rewards of the growing season. Wine tasting in Willamette Valley is arguably one of the best ways to spend some time in the McMinnville area, but it’s not the only thing.
There are plenty of things to do in McMinnville, especially as we head into the busy fall season. What’s more – our stunning Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is located right near the heart of downtown McMinnville. From here, you’ll enjoy easy access to the top things to do in McMinnville and the best wine tasting in Willamette Valley.
This fall, get ready to enjoy fantastic vineyard views while sipping on some of the best Oregon wines. There truly is nothing better than wine tasting in Willamette Valley in the fall. Book a room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!
Wine Tasting in Willamette Valley This Fall
An adventurous day of wine tasting in Willamette Valley is best begun at our historic and intimate McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. Every morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to a sensational breakfast – it’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead for the day. From there, we’d love to help you plan an unforgettable day of wine tasting in Willamette Valley.
If you want to get a head start on some of the planning, we’ve included 10 of our favorite destinations for wine tasting in Willamette Valley this fall. Some are well-known, some are lesser-known hidden gems, but all offer truly exceptional wine tasting in Willamette Valley. We highly recommend securing appointments as these are sought after wineries with limited seating.
- One of our favorite places to wine taste in Willamette Valley is Lavinea Winery, which female winemaker Isabelle Meunier and her business partner Greg Ralston, own. Here, you’ll find single-vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noir and a truly delicious tasting experience hosted by the charming and knowledgeable Jazmina Pumpitis.
- If you plan to visit the Dundee Hills region of Willamette Valley, don’t miss Ayoub Wines. They are well-regarded for their focus on small-batch wines and you’ll taste in Mo’s living room or patio based on the weather.
- In Newberg, you’ll find another one of the best experiences for wine tasting in Willamette Valley at Patricia Green Cellars. This winery produces more individual bottlings of Pinot Noir than any other winery in America.
- R Stuart & Co. Winery also tops this list of best places for wine tasting in Willamette Valley, and they happen to have a tasting room right here in downtown McMinnville. Their single vineyard Pinot Noir bottlings are best experienced through their Taste of Place tasting. You will definitely want to taste their two Sparkling Wines along with their house-roasted herbed cashews.
- Taste your way through the bold, distinctive wines of the Eola-Amity Hills region at Bethel Heights Vineyard. The view from their deck is so relaxing and the generations of this family have been producing stellar wines since 1977.
- If you’re looking for wine tasting in Willamette Valley that reflects biodynamic and sustainable growing techniques, a great place to go is Soter Vineyards. Their tasting room has some genuinely exceptional tasting experiences, including their Provisions Tasting Experience. Don’t miss the chance to try their sparkling wines, too.
- Elevated food and wine pairings and noteworthy wine tasting in Willamette Valley await at Fairsing Vineyards. With their 360° view, you’ll want to enjoy the Adirondack chairs peppering the property. Just keep in mind that tastings here are by appointment only.
- Wine connoisseurs, this one is for you. Domaine Drouhin is one of the most popular Willamette Valley wineries. A wine tasting here allows you to taste three different labels (Joseph Drouhin, Domaine Drouhin, RoseRock) at one time, including one that is direct from Burgundy, France. Veronique Drouhin is the winemaker for all three labels giving this a special comparison of three very different wine regions all mastered by the same hands. Mark this as one of the “musts” on your list.
- Oregon sparkling wines are having a well-deserved moment, and you’ll find none better than those being made at ROCO winery. This gem is an exceptional spot for wine tasting in Willamette Valley.
- If you’re new to the area or want someplace solid to start your wine tasting journey, consider visiting Willamette Valley Vineyards at their wine tasting room in downtown McMinnville. It’s one of the most recognizable brands out of the Willamette Valley.
More Things to do in McMinnville This Fall
While wine tasting in Willamette Valley is often the star of the show in Oregon Wine Country, it’s certainly not the only thing to do. There are so many great things to do in McMinnville – and it’s a beautiful place to spend a few relaxing and romantic days with your sweetheart.
Fall in Oregon’s Willamette Valley is still relatively warm and mild, so it’s still a great time to get outside and enjoy the best of this area. Fall is also a time of year packed with events, including wine dinners. In between, there’s shopping, visiting local museums and attractions, hiking, beer tasting, and relaxing in a way you can’t do at home.
When it comes time to take a break from wine tasting in Willamette Valley, here are some of our favorite things to do in McMinnville.
- Browsing the quaint and historic streets of downtown McMinnville and shopping your way from one charming boutique to another is one of our favorite things to do in McMinnville.
- Wine is not the only great thing worth tasting while you are in McMinnville! True to Oregon, McMinnville is also home to some excellent craft breweries worth visiting while you’re in town.
- Fall is a wonderful time of year to explore the Willamette Valley on two wheels. You can even cycle your way from one winery to the next. Enjoy a self-guided adventure on your bike or join in on one of the local bike tours. Here are a few of the most popular cycling routes in the McMinnville area.
- Another of our favorite things to do in McMinnville is browse the art galleries and art studios. There’s a broad representation of artists and mediums in downtown McMinnville – and with scenery like what you’ll see in the Willamette Valley, it’s easy to see why they are so inspired.
- Foodies absolutely love McMinnville. McMinnville restaurants have earned themselves quite the reputation for excellence, and often it’s thanks to the locally grown ingredients that star in many dishes.
- Check out the impressive Spruce Goose, housed at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. There are also many beautiful vintage fighter planes, helicopters, and a space museum. It’s one of our favorite things to do in McMinnville, and it’s a great way to spend a morning before heading out for more wine tasting in Willamette Valley.
- If you would rather take a break from the city for a while to stretch your legs, take a day trip to the magnificent Silver Falls State Park. It’s one of the most popular parks in the entire state of Oregon, and it’s easy to see why. With beautiful waterfalls and excellent hiking trails to enjoy, it is a fantastic way to take a deep breath and immerse yourself in beauty.
Between wine tasting in Willamette Valley and browsing the beautiful streets of downtown McMinnville, you’ll want a few moments to yourselves. The quiet, tranquil ambiance at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is perfect for that. Book your room at our #1-rated McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!