There’s no doubt that Oregon’s Willamette Valley is a popular getaway destination for wine lovers, filled with plenty of delicious wines to sample and an abundance of things to do. Couple your getaway with time spent at one of the best places to stay in Oregon, and you have the perfect recipe for a sensational getaway.
We can confidently position our Bed and Breakfast as one of the best places to stay in Oregon, too! Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is located in downtown McMinnville, just steps away from all of the top things to do in this wine-focused area. When you stay here, you’re placed in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, well-positioned to enjoy an abundance of activities like sipping award-winning wines and beers, enjoying fine dining, strolling along historic buildings, visiting beautiful waterfalls, bird-watching, cycling, and so much more.
There’s a lot to love about visiting the town of McMinnville, not to mention our Bed and Breakfast. From the moment you first arrive at our magnificent estate, we think you’ll see why it’s rated as one of the top places to stay in Oregon. Grab your calendars, and start planning your retreat to Oregon Wine Country today!
See Why We’re One of the Best Places to Stay in Oregon
When it comes to finding the best places to stay in Oregon, you’ll be hard-pressed to beat the exceptional hospitality and accommodations at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. This beautiful home was built in 1928 and turned into a Bed and Breakfast in 2001. Inside, you’ll find original Honduras Mahogany woodwork, oak hardwood, and formal dining and living rooms that have been thoughtfully furnished with antiques and artwork.
The exquisite attention to detail paid throughout the property is one of the many things that make us one of the best places to stay in Oregon. We offer four individually appointed guest rooms in the main house, in addition to two vacation cottage apartments in our neighboring 1913 Craftsman Cottage. These apartments come complete with fully-stocked kitchens, along with a shared laundry room, front porch, and back patio, and are perfect for longer stays and more intimate getaways.
We couldn’t call ourselves one of the best places to stay in Oregon without offering you a taste of Willamette Valley’s sensational bounty. Whether joining us in the vacation cottages or guest room, you’ll be treated to a delectable 3-course breakfast each morning of your stay.
Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast has earned a solid reputation as offering one of the best breakfasts in town. Our pre-set, three-course, gourmet breakfast changes daily and includes things like house-baked breads, muffins or pastries, Willamette Valley seasonal fruits, yogurts, parfaits, or cheeses, and a savory hot entrée. Whatever we serve, you can expect it to reflect Willamette Valley’s sumptuous and seasonal bounty.
If you don’t want to believe all we have to say about why we’re one of the best places to stay in Oregon, perhaps you’d rather hear what others have to say? Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast has been a frequent recipient of travel awards and accolades. Here’s a brief list below.
- McMinnville was compared to the fictional town of Stars Hollow, from the popular TV Show Gilmore Girls, with our Inn being compared to the show’s fabled Dragonfly Inn.
- Travel Awaits classifies our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast as the best place to stay in McMinnville.
- A’ Tuscan Estate was featured on KGW8 after producing an Edible Advent Calendar with other B&B’s around the country.
Some of our Favorite Things to do in McMinnville
With just the right touch of elegance, it’s easy to see why our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is rated as one of the best places to stay in Oregon. We also pride ourselves on being exceptional hosts, which includes offering you insight into the top things to do in McMinnville.
Wine tasting is an obvious choice for visitors to our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, but that’s just one of the many great things to do in McMinnville. We love to send guests to our favorite wineries in Willamette Valley, but beyond that, here are a few of our favorite things to do in McMinnville.
- Stroll Historic Downtown McMinnville, where you’ll find more than a dozen historic buildings dating back between 1885 and 1912. Sunset Magazine called 3rd Street “The West’s Best Main Street.”
- When you’re ready for a break from wine tasting, shopping, and eating, take a nature break at Silver Falls State Park. It’s one of the most beautiful Oregon State Parks and is just over and an hour from our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. If you want to do a bit more waterfall chasing, consider Oregon’s Trail of Waterfalls.
- If you’re looking to do some birdwatching, particularly in spring and fall, head to the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge Center, part of The Willamette Valley Birding Trail. There’s a 3-mile nature trail here, and the area is home to more than 200 species of birds, along with a healthy population of other wildlife.
- There are few things better than eating and drinking sensational wine, and luckily, McMinnville is home to a number of the Willamette Valley’s top restaurants. Top choices include La Rambla, Bistro Maison, Nick’s Italian Café, Pura Vida, and so many more.
- Take the Art Walk through downtown McMinnville to admire the multitude of public artworks, while at the same time browsing through the lovely art galleries in downtown McMinnville.
- The Willamette Valley is also the perfect place to enjoy a bit of cycling. There are a number of routes and quiet country roads to enjoy throughout the valley, not to mention tours.
- One of the top things to do in McMinnville is to visit the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. Two 120,000-square-foot hangars house more than 200 historic aircraft, spacecraft, and exhibits, including Howard Hughes’ “Spruce Goose.”
- The Willamette Valley isn’t all about wine. True to Oregon, the area is also home to a number of great breweries, including Barn Door Brewing, Bierly Brewing, Evasion Brewing, and more.
With so many great things to do in McMinnville, is it any wonder we’re rated as one of the best places to stay in Oregon? The Willamette Valley is special. Make sure you get here in 2022 to experience it all! Book your room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today, and see for yourself why so many consider us among the best places to stay in Oregon.