Everyone knows that some of the best wine comes from the Willamette Valley, but did you know that some of the best Oregon sparkling wine can also be found here? Wine tasters flock to this region to sample delicious wines every year, and more and more wineries are producing this delicate and complex varietal.
Sparkling wine is not to be mistaken for Champagne. “Champagne” is a legally protected status of France’s sparkling wine region. Sparkling wine is defined in the United States as grape wine made effervescent with carbon dioxide resulting solely from the fermentation of the wine within a closed container, tank, or bottle.
As you get ready to enjoy the best Oregon sparkling wine, make sure to stay in comfort at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. A’ Tuscan Estate provides you with a lovely gourmet breakfast every morning to start your day well-nourished. Let us help you find the some of the best gems for winery tours and samples of the very best Oregon sparkling wine in the region. We are eager to make your stay with us a joy. Book with us today!
The Best Oregon Sparkling Wine to Sample
Sparkling wine is having a moment in Oregon. Yes, the Willamette Valley is more commonly known for its outstanding Pinot Noir and Chardonnays, but sparkling wine has been emerging, and we are taking notice. You should, too!
One upcoming event in February is dedicated to celebrating this effervescent wine: Bubbles Fest! Hosted by Anne Amie Vineyards and celebrating it’s seventh annual gathering, Bubbles Fest offers 26 wineries (13 each day) in the region. Join the celebration on February 19th & 20th, 2022, from 11 am to 4 pm. One day passes as well as a weekend pass are available and include six food vendors as well. Let’s take a look at a few of these beauties below.
- Anne Amie Vineyards has a vast selection of wines, but their two featured sparkling wines are 2017 Estate Marilyn Brut Rosé and the 2014 Estate Marilyn Brut Cuvee. The Brut Rosé is sourced exclusively from the cool, high elevation vineyard sites of their Twelve Oaks Estate on Chehalem Mountain. The varietal composition is 63.7% Pinot Noir and 32.7% Pinot Meunier. The flavor is described as cranberry, strawberry, rhubarb pie with a long finish and pairs well with “ANYTHING!” The 2014 Estate Marilyn Brut Cuvee’s varietal composition is 35.3% Pinot noir – 64.7% Chardonnay. The flavor is described as brioche, dragon fruit, Meyer lemon, starfruit apple, lemon drop that finishes creamy, crisp, and rich. Pairs well with oysters, grilled shrimp, fried chicken, smoked salmon toast, popcorn, major life celebrations.
- Argyle Winery is an award-winning winery located in Dundee, Oregon. They feature Oregon Sparkling wine in 3 different collections. The Master Series collection. These varietals are bottle fermented and aged ten years or more on the yeast. The Artisan Series and the Grower Series offer a variety of Bruts, Rose’s, Blanc de Blancs, and the very special sparkling Pinot Noir, Ruby Brut, to simply indulge sipping on.
- Dion Vineyard is another featured vineyard in Cornelius, OR. Dion Vineyard’s featured Oregon sparkling wine is the 2017 Wedding Tree Cuvee with 94% old vine Pinot Noir and 6% 76 clone of Chardonnay. Flavors are bursting with kumquat and lemon meringue pie.
- Division Wine Making Company- A new featured Oregon sparkling wine boasts a 2017 Division La Tempete Brut Rose from the Willamette Valley and a Pinot Noir varietal. Leading with notes of toasted brioche and light strawberry cream and featuring brilliant acidity and a savory finish. Another new featured Oregon sparkling wine is the 2020 Division PÉTILLANT NATUREL with delicious, bright, and easy-drinking fruity bubbles.
- Solena Estate-Offers two featured Oregon sparkling wines. The first is a 2015 Brut Rose. Aromas of fresh-baked rhubarb pie, green apples, and lemon zest. Pair this with a lavish cheese and fruit board, shellfish, or lavender crème brûlée. Another featured wine is 2018 Blanc de Blancs. made from 100% Chardonnay. It was produced in the traditional Méthode Champenoise and sourced from old-vine Chardonnay planted at the historic Hyland Vineyard. The wine displays fruit notes of Meyer lemon, ginger, and toasted hazelnut.
As you can see, there is no shortage of wineries and vineyards developing these spectacular Oregon sparkling wines. This February, there are approximately two dozen other vineyards featured at Bubbles Fest, and we could not possibly list them all. At Bubbles Fest, you will not only be served the most delicious sparkling wines, but delicious bites will be served as well.
Discover the Best Place to Stay in McMinnville
Whether you join us for the celebration of Bubbles Fest in February or pick up a local bottle of Oregon sparkling wine and sip at our Bed and Breakfast, the choice is up to you. Either way, relaxing with your loved one and indulging in a glass of sparkling wine is just what you need to take away all the stressors.
Our serene rooms are well-appointed with all the amenities that our guests have grown to expect. Our luxury linens and soft bathrobes will provide you with all of the comforts you will need during your stay with us.
Each morning of your stay at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, you’ll enjoy our gourmet breakfast that will please anyone’s palate. We serve our guests a three-course breakfast, including our prized homemade baked bread, muffins, or pastries. Our breakfasts are sure to fuel you for the busy day of Oregon sparkling wine sampling. Book your room with us today!