The Willamette Valley is home to more than 600 incredible Oregon wineries and plenty of small towns, like McMinnville. Though you can travel from vineyard to vineyard to enjoy wine tasting all over the valley, there are also plenty of great opportunities for wine tasting in McMinnville, too.
Thanks to its temperate climate, the Willamette Valley is a leading producer of the Pinot Noir varietal, which is not only one of the most ancient varietals but one of the hardest to produce as well. The wineries in Willamette Valley excel at it, though, and the delicious result is on display in tasting rooms everywhere. Spending a day browsing the historic streets of downtown McMinnville working your way from one wine tasting room to another, is an exquisite way to spend at least one day at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
Just five blocks off downtown McMinnville, you’ll find our award-winning Bed and Breakfast. Book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast and enjoy the exquisite weekend of wine tasting in McMinnville.
Where to go Wine Tasting in McMinnville
The majority of shops and restaurants in downtown McMinnville are located along 3rd Street, and the same can be said for places for wine tasting in McMinnville. The historic streets of downtown McMinnville are often referred to as “Oregon’s favorite Main Street,” and it’s for a good reason. There is plenty of beautiful historic architecture to enjoy along 3rd street, not to mention the tree-lined streets themselves.
Add to this a diverse and exciting array of world-class restaurants, plenty of opportunities for wine tasting in McMinnville, and a healthy mix of eclectic shops, and you really do have a full-days worth of adventure right here in downtown McMinnville. The best part is that all of this, and more, is just a 5-minute walk from our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
Are you ready to start your wine tasting adventure with us? Here are the best spots for wine tasting in McMinnville:
- Get to know one of the most recognizable brands in Oregon, Willamette Valley Vineyards, at their wine tasting room in downtown McMinnville.
- R. Stuart & Co. Tasting Room and Wine Bar offers a great place to go wine tasting in McMinnville. It’s not too far from their actual winery and offers a wonderful place to sample wines, linger over a glass, and purchase your favorites to go.
- Pinot Vista Tasting Lounge is a great place to enjoy some wine tasting in McMinnville, serving up a broad range of wines to suit every palette.
- Brittan Vineyards tasting room, also located in downtown McMinnville, is an exceptional place to sip wine. It’s located in the historic granary district and offers a chance to enjoy an in-depth tasting of their Estate Chardonnay as well as their single-block Pinot noirs.
- Terra Vina Wines tasting room is a smaller, more intimate experience for wine tasting in McMinnville, offering a truly exceptional range of wines from Southern and Eastern Oregon grape varietals.
- The Chris James Cellars McMinnville Tasting Room is a wonderful place to go if you’re in search of variety. As the weather warms up, their outdoor patio is divine, too.
- Jacob Williams Winery opened its tasting room in downtown McMinnville in 2021, and to date, it has proven immensely popular. They have a wonderful outdoor patio for warmer months, and it gives you a chance to taste wines produced a little further to the north in the Columbia River Gorge.
- If you’re interested in sampling certified biodynamic wines, head to Maysara Winery just 15 minutes West of downtown McMinnville.
Of course, as easy as it is to simply enjoy wine tasting in McMinnville, you’d be missing out on some really great wine tasting experiences around the valley. There are more than 250 wineries within 20 miles of downtown McMinnville. We’d love to help you plan an itinerary that makes sense, and/or help arrange for wine tours if you’re looking for an easy no-hassle adventure.
The Best Place to Stay in McMinnville
Whether you stick primarily to wine tasting in McMinnville or you branch out to visit other wineries and towns in the Willamette Valley, you’ll want to find lodging in a central area of Oregon wine country for your immersive wine-tasting adventure. Our luxury Bed and Breakfast is a great location, located just steps from all the action in downtown McMinnville is perfect for exactly that.
With only four guest rooms in the Main House and two Vacation Cottage Suites next door, our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast offers upscale, intimate accommodations for a comfortable stay. We offer a range of high-end amenities, too, including our daily multi-course gourmet breakfast, made fresh daily with fresh, local ingredients.
Join us today and book your next getaway in Oregon wine country at our luxurious McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.