With Halloween here and gone, many people are now turning their attention towards the busy holiday season ahead, which means it’s time to find unique, one-of-a-kind gifts for all your friends and family on your holiday shopping list. There’s no better place to find outstanding gifts – and have a fun time doing it – than the historic streets of downtown McMinnville!
Downtown McMinnville sits at the heart of Oregon’s thriving wine country, so if you have a wine lover on your list this year, it’s a great place to pick up a perfect gift. However, if you aren’t shopping for a wine enthusiast, you’ll still find plenty of unique and memorable gifts at the various boutiques in downtown McMinnville. As a bonus, there are several great wine-tasting rooms, restaurants, art galleries, tap houses and more to enjoy in between visiting shops – it’s a win-win holiday shopping destination!
Don’t cut your time short in downtown McMinnville, though. There are plenty of things to do in the Willamette Valley that are more than worth your time. Winter is referred to as Cellar Season in the valley, which offers you the opportunity to visit local tasting rooms and Oregon wineries at a more leisurely pace–possibly mingling with the winemaker. Give yourself a few days to enjoy it all, and book a room at our downtown McMinnville Bed and Breakfast.
Our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast is steps away from all the top shops, restaurants, and tasting rooms, and we offer uncompromising luxury and exquisite hospitality. It’s the perfect place to rest, rejuvenate, and recharge this winter without sacrificing your precious time to get things done during this busy season. Book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast!
Great Boutiques & More in Downtown McMinnville
For such a small town, downtown McMinnville truly has a lot to offer – and it is more than pretty windows to enjoy while going to and from wine-tasting rooms and local restaurants. Shopping locally is fun, exciting, and a sure way to pick memorable and appreciated gifts – and not just any old thing you could purchase from a big box store. Through the end of the year, you can also participate in ‘Twere the Weeks Before Christmas promotion. Shop Local, Get Rewarded: For every purchase of $25+ shoppers earn one scratch off ticket. These tickets are loaded with prizes ranging from discounts to free items, up to a $100 MacBucks gift card!
We think shopping in downtown McMinnville is just as rewarding for the giver as the eventual gift recipient. The shops in downtown McMinnville are packed full of charm, great finds, and warm, friendly welcomes. We can’t think of a better way to kick off the holiday season than a trip to this historic town for a bit of shopping in the boutiques of downtown McMinnville.
Below, we’ve included a list of 10 of our favorite boutiques in downtown McMinnville, where you are sure to find something for everyone on your list.
- We start with the most obvious gift from downtown McMinnville: Wine! There are more than 20 tasting rooms in downtown McMinnville alone, not to mention the more than 500 wineries a short drive away. If you have a true wine lover on your holiday shopping list this year, you cannot go wrong with picking up a few bottles from local tasting rooms! They also make great hostess gifts for those upcoming holiday parties! We are happy to recommend a few of our local favorites – just ask!
- For the fashionable woman on your list, head to Mes Amies, a high-end ladies’ apparel store in downtown McMinnville. They offer a fantastic range of jewelry, scarves, designer bags, accessories, and a lovely selection of home goods like cozy blankets and candles.
- Are you shopping for a foodie? Don’t miss Northwest Food and Gifts, a gourmet food and artisan boutique in downtown McMinnville. They offer plenty of yummy treats, including delicious homemade candies, jams, mustards and sauces, and other delights sure to please any palate, in addition to a variety of handmade goods from over 185 local artisans. This shop is also a great place to find a multitude of wines from throughout Oregon and Washington.
- Another great stop for food lovers is Third Street Oil and Vinegar, a boutique filled with various infused olive oils and specialty bottles of vinegar.
- Head to the Mac Market to shop a fabulous array of locally made goods – and make sure to time your trip around lunch so you can grab a delicious bite to eat from their vendors, too!
- Everyone needs a new great book as they head into winter, and you can find a fabulous selection of the latest novels and charming small gifts at Third Street Books.
- There is plenty in downtown McMinnville for the art lover on your list as well. Shop at one of the many local art galleries for a truly unique piece. Favorites include The Gallery at Ten Oaks or Currents Gallery.
- Pick up some delicious tea and all related supplies for the tea lover in your life at Velvet Monkey Tea.
- We cannot forget the kids on your list! You will find a fabulous world of toys and games -along with candy for stocking stuffers – from which to choose Hopscotch Toys, Candy, & Games in downtown McMinnville.
- If you are looking for festive seasonal decor and fun home goods, head to La Bella Casa.
If you need even more great gifts for those on your holiday shopping list this year, do not forget about what is sure to be the most coveted gift of the season: A gift certificate to A’ Tuscan Estate, located just minutes from downtown McMinnville.
The Best McMinnville Bed and Breakfast
With such a diverse array of shops to enjoy in downtown McMinnville, we know you will have a fantastic time choosing gifts for everyone on your list this year. You are sure to want to enjoy the relaxing guest rooms at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast after a long day on your feet. Our guest rooms offer the perfect home away from home, with unmatched comfort and generous hospitality always included.
You have your choice of the guest rooms in our main house, and the quiet adjacent units in our cottage next door. Whichever room you prefer, you can decompress and enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and luxurious robes and bedding. Each morning of your stay starts with our signature breakfast, which no doubt will satiate every taste bud and leave you satisfied and ready for whatever adventure lies ahead.
We are here to make your trip as stress-free as possible. Book your room at our downtown McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!