This fall is a wonderful time to visit our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. The harvest season at Oregon’s top wineries is already well underway, and there are a variety of exciting events, tastings, and more happening around the valley this fall. It’s also an extraordinary time to plan a Willamette Valley winery tour. As you tour around various wineries, you’ll enjoy learning more about the local wine industry, all while sampling some of the world’s best wines, including Oregon’s famed Pinot Noir.
There are more than 600 wineries in the valley, which means there’s plenty of wine to sample in a relatively short amount of time. Willamette Valley winery tours will help guide you to the best tasting experiences around to ensure you make the most of your time here. Of course, when you’re not wine tasting, we hope you’re taking the time to relax and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of downtown McMinnville, walkable from our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. Don’t miss your chance to explore Oregon’s stunning Willamette Valley this fall. Book a room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today.
Discover the Best Willamette Valley Winery Tour
The Willamette Valley stretches 150 narrow miles between Portland and Eugene. In those 150 miles are packed 600+ wineries, which is in part why it’s such a popular destination for wine-lovers.With so many great Willamette Valley wineries to visit, it can be overwhelming deciding where to start.
Instead of worrying about finding the best wineries and tastings experiences, let the experts do all the work for you and take a Willamette Valley winery tour. Not only will you be ensured of savoring some of the valley’s best tasting experiences, but you’ll also enjoy a more hands-on and informative experience, learning all about Willamette Valley wines as you go. There are several wonderful Willamette Valley winery tour operators in the area, each offering a slightly different experience. Here are the tours we often recommend to our guests:
- Are you looking for a private Willamette Valley winery tour? Look no further than those offered by NW Food & Gifts. They have been offering these private Willamette Valley wine tours for more than 25 years, focusing on touring small boutique wineries. You can pick which vineyards and wineries you want to visit, or you can let them be your full-service guide.
- A Vineyard Wine Tour is another great Willamette Valley winery tour we recommend. This tour includes a visit of up to four area wineries and serves you a fresh seasonal lunch.
- Cellar Door Wine Tours offers various tour options, including those for larger groups if you happen to be traveling here with friends or family. Their tours are set up to give you a broad range of tasting experiences in the Willamette Valley, both at large and well-known wineries and smaller boutique locations you may not have heard of. Each Willamette Valley winery tour can be completely customized to your needs.
- If you’re looking for a designated driver to navigate you from one winery to the next, you’ll want to reach out to Main Street Drivers. They have intimate knowledge of the area, the roads, and the wineries and can even help you customize a full-fledged wine tour if you’d like.
- Want to avoid the hassle of driving? How about combining wine tasting with a bit of bike riding? Riding the Willamette Valley Scenic Byway is a truly great way to travel from one winery to the next.
- Elevate your wine tasting experience with a helicopter ride with Tour Devine by Heli. Not only will you sample some delicious wine, but you’ll enjoy breathtaking views as you soar high over the Willamette Valley below.
Of course, if you’d rather explore Willamette Valley on your own, we’re more than happy to help you create your own Willamette Valley winery tour. Here’s a great self-guided wine tour from Wine Folly to get you started.
Unwind at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast
While one day on a Willamette Valley winery tour can give you a good overview of our local wine culture, you’ll want to spend a few days here to truly soak up McMinnville’s culture. With charming boutiques, art galleries, wine tasting rooms, breweries, and incredible restaurants within walking distance, there’s nowhere better to base your stay than our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. We offer 4 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and 2 suites in our vacation cottage.
In the morning, we’ll treat you to an unforgettable breakfast – something we’ve become well known for over our years in business! Our pre-set gourmet breakfast changes daily and features the sumptuous seasonal bounty available to us here in Willamette Valley. In the afternoon, relax and unwind with a glass of wine on one of our patios, porches, and gardens—experience Willamette Valley like never before. Book a room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today.