Though Oregon’s Willamette Valley is best known for the impeccable Pinot Noir wines grown and produced here, there are so many more things to do in the Willamette Valley than meet the eye. Oregon’s Willamette Valley is a narrow, agriculturally dense stretch of land rich with life’s simplest – and most delicious – pleasures. Whether hiking and biking or shopping and wine or beer tasting, there are more things to do in the Willamette Valley than you can possibly pack into one adventure.
By day, spend your time exploring this 150-mile stretch of land, building your appetite while enjoying all the great things to do in the Willamette Valley. When your day is done, treat your other senses to a sensational meal at Oregon’s top farm-to-table restaurants. And, of course, with every adventure in the Willamette Valley, make sure to swirl and sip a glass of two of world-class wine as well.
With so many of life’s simple pleasures within grasp in the valley, you’ll want to stay for a few days to soak it all in. That’s where a stay at our top-rated downtown McMinnville Bed ad Breakfast comes in. With all the charm of Stars Hollow, from the famous show Gilmore Girls, to the luxury you crave from a wine country getaway, you’ll find that our quaint McMinnville Bed and Breakfast has it all. Explore the best of the valley with us this summer – book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Things to Do in the Willamette Valley
Though there are plenty of things to do in the Willamette Valley, trips here are, admittedly, all about the wine. You can experience some highlights of the valley on a day trip from Portland – but if that’s all you allow yourself time for, you won’t truly get to enjoy the character of this remarkable farm-forward destination.
Wine tasting is definitely on our list of the best things to do in the Willamette Valley, but keep reading past item #1, and you’ll find seven more of our favorite things that we’d love to share with you this summer!
- Wine tasting – best outdoor patios for wine tasting in the Willamette Valley. You can find more of the top Willamette Valley wineries for the year here.
- Wine isn’t the only craft beverage in the Willamette Valley, something that won’t come as a shock to anyone familiar with Oregon’s beer scene. On a warm summer day, one of our favorite things to do in the Willamette Valley is to visit local Oregon breweries.
- Chase waterfalls at Silver Falls State Park, one of the most stunning parks in the entire state of Oregon.
- After visiting Silver Falls State Park, head to the nearby Oregon Garden in Silverton. It features 80 acres of gardens to explore, as well as Frank Lloyd Wright’s Gordon House.
- Eat to your heart’s content! The farm-to-table cuisine in the Willamette Valley is unforgettable. Find our favorite restaurants in McMinnville and some great Newberg Restaurants, too!
- Given that food (and wine) is a central component of any adventure here, visiting local farms and makers is another great way to experience the offerings of Willamette Valley. You can do just that on local food trails, like the Great Oaks Food Trail and the Mid-Willamette Valley Food Trail.
- If you’re looking for great day trips, consider heading north toward Hood River and driving the scenic Hood River Fruit Loop. Alternatively, we aren’t too far from the coast, where you’ll find expansive coastal beaches to enjoy!
- Aside from eating and drinking, another popular thing to do in the Willamette Valley is biking. The 134-mile Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway is the first official Scenic Bikeway in the United States. It’s a fantastic way to experience the many charms and small towns of the Willamette Valley.
There are so many more worthwhile things to do in the Willamette Valley – but to enjoy it all, you’ll first need to book a room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast!
The Best McMinnville Bed and Breakfast
With the popularity of Oregon’s Wine Country, you can expect to have several lodging choices at your fingertips for your next getaway. None, however, offer the same sense of luxury, elegance, and old-world charm as our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast – not to mention our walkable location to downtown McMinnville!
McMinnville itself offers plenty of fantastic wine-tasting rooms, breweries, restaurants, shops, and attractions to enjoy, but it’s also well-positioned in the heart of the Willamette Valley and serves as a great home base for all your adventures here. A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast is located just a short 5-block walk away from all this historic town has to offer while at the same time offering a quiet respite unlike any other in town.
Old World charm and contemporary elegance blend seamlessly at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. With only four guest rooms in the main Inn, in addition to two private cottages adjacent, you won’t encounter big crowds here, either – a major bonus over other larger hotels and lodging properties. We offer more than a simple place to stay at the end of your day, too. In the morning, we’ll treat you to an unforgettable breakfast, a gourmet treat for the senses that incorporates as many locally-sourced ingredients as possible.
With so many great things to do in the Willamette Valley waiting for you this summer, you’ll want to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy it. Book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today?